Friday, May 8, 2015

DIY Best Mom Ever Wooden sign~ Kim Murray





Good Morning Y'all!
   
     Today's design team project share is Sa Crafters "Best Mom Ever" wood stand.  I really love this and I hope my mother will too.  This is a perfect project to make for Mother's Day or actually any time of the year to show your appreciation to your mom.
    
 
       To start off all my altered projects that are wooden or chipboard based I usually decide what theme I am trying to achieve, and since my mother and father have a house by the ocean I decided to make this one match the theme going on in her home and beach theme it was. I knew I wanted that drift wood distressed look with a touch of white and blue.
 
     I first used my clear gesso and painted one coat and immediately after I painted the second and third coat with a matte white gesso.  I then allowed that to dry and then found a carribean blue color acrylic painted it on in a distressed manner. Which is actually a form of dry brushing in random strokes. I allowed it to dry completely and then with my craft scissors I scraped the paint off in various places until I was happy with how it looked. Then I used a clear glue and placed the letters in the slots on the base piece and pushed down gently.  After that I went into my Sa Crafters embellishment stash and pulled out items that were relevant to the "Beach Theme". 
     The lamp and the sea horse I used Tim Holtz vintage photo dauber ink to give it that wood color and set aside to dry.
     The chipboard bubbles, I painted a light coat of gesso until white and then used coral, mint green, and pastel yellow Shimmerz Inklingz to give it that pearlized shimmer look.  I really loved how that turned out.
For my final steps I used some twine and wrapped some around the "M" to give it more of a beachy feel. I grabbed my glue gun and glued on all my pieces and a small flower and Voila!! She was complete. I didn't add on tons of embellishments as I wanted the sentiment to be the main focus of my completed project. I'm so happy with how it turned out and it took me about an hour to complete the project. So easy!!
     For other simple DIY Sa Crafter projects please check out her website. The link will be listed below. And don't forget to use your code to get your discount : kimfans
Here is an the final my final image. Please feel free to comment or ask any questions I love hearing from you.  :)
 
Supply list:
 
Sa Crafters store: http://www.sacrafters.com/
 
 
 

Discount Code: kimfans
Website/Blog: www.fattypaddyscrapper.com
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/fattypaddyscrapper
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fattypaddyscra1
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/FPSDesigns/fattypaddyscrapper-designs/
Google plus: https://plus.google.com/101128770875179309062/posts

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment